January 2, 2013

Second Appointment

Our second appointment was September 26, 2011 (my dad's birthday) at 9:45.  We had been told that this would be a pretty quick appointment. I was almost 15 weeks at this point. Around the 13-14 week mark the nausea had stopped which was a nice break. It wasn't horrible (I knew it could be MUCH worse) but feeling sick everyday and throwing up a few times was not the most fun thing either. Although I did panic a little because when I was sick it was a sign to me that things were going well and then one day I felt 100% and I hoped that things were still going well. My doctor had said it would probably subside around this time so that was comforting. I was still anxious to hear things were going well!  We came in and she warned us that sometimes it takes a little while to hear the heartbeat and not to panic if it took her a second to find it. We were quickly put at ease when she found it immediately. She kept laughing at how much he was moving. We laughed at how he'd probably be a busy body like his daddy....and we weren't far off! :) They did a little more blood work and we were ready to go. It was crazy that our next appointment would be the BIG appointment where we would get our big ultrasound to find out health, sex, etc. In some ways it was like it was going by so slowly but in other ways it was just moving at a rapid pace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment